Sunday, March 31, 2013

Fix a Quilt Boo Boo

I can't believe I did this. I made a table topper, Heart Strings, and used a white pencil to outline heart shapes for some very sparse quilting. Being the overly detailed personality that I am, I used Fray Check to hold down the thread whiskers at the seam line end, but did so before I removed the white pencil lines. Do you see where this is going? I glued down the white pencil dust. I still use Fray Check quite a bit, but I think I'll be sure to remember to remove pencil lines first or use the product on the back side from now on. This is a great product and I've never noticed any visibility from using it--this is clearly operator error! There is a happy ending--I covered the boo-boos by coloring the whitish spots with a permanent black Sharpie. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment